My sister is the QUEEN of thrift shopping. She has taught me her ways and I have begun venturing out on my own. I never thought about trying thredUP since it is an app. I like the feeling of shopping and the instant gratification of having my clothes in my hands and ready to wear as soon as I buy them.
I found out that thredUP opened up a brick and mortar store at the Domain in Austin and I decided to check it out! One of the reasons I don’t really thrift shop is because you have to TAKE…YOUR…TIME and really look through every single item of clothing.
thredUP Austin was different because everything had its place. The store is SUPER organized and it had the feeling of a normal retail shopping experience. I had the most fun and amazing time shopping! I even found the most PERFECT Kate Spade dress! I will definitely make thredUP one of my GO-TO clothes shopping places.
What is thredUP?
thredUP is the easiest way to shop and sell high-quality secondhand clothes. ThredUP is an online consignment store whose mission is to help customers afford the brands and designers they might not normally be able to.
ThredUP sells high-quality, practically new women’s and kids’ clothing and accessories, with a range of great brands to choose from at up to 90% off the original retail price!
Some of my favorite things about thredUP:
- They have a HUGE selection. Seriously. It would take me hours and hours and hours to get through all the clothes they offer just in my size alone!
- They allow you to search by size, color, and brand. Because they have such a massive number of options, I love that you can really drill down to very specific searches — you can refine your search in great detail if you choose: what colors of clothes you want, what brands you want, and what price range. This allows you to really find exactly what types of things you are looking for.
- They often offer coupons. Some of their normal prices are a little on the high side — especially when it compares to thrift stores and garage sale prices. However, they often offer coupons which make it much more affordable.
- They offer good deals on high-quality items. One of my favorite ways to shop thredUP is to search for deals on high-quality brands I already know that I love and adore but would never pay full price for. You can often find name brand items that are in like-new condition (or even new with tags!) — for up to 90% off the retail price!
- ThredUP also offers an easy way to clean out your closet. You can check their website to see which brands of your secondhand clothes they take and what the payouts are. Simply order a thredUP Clean Out Bag, fill it with items you no longer want, and place it at your door for pick-up. It’s so simple.
Touting itself as a “thrift store of the future,” thredUP presents the perfect shopping experience for the modern-day consumer. Among the many innovative features that the online store boasts, thredUP works to determine which brands are trending in which cities and areas, and then stocks the shelves accordingly. This standard will hold true for the physical location, as well.
ThredUP swaps out styles seasonally and regularly refreshes its inventory with 35,000-plus brands, including J. Crew, Madewell, Banana Republic, Michael Kors, Lululemon, and more, offered at less than half the regular price. Overall, thredUP claims to have an average discount of 80 percent off.
The thrift empire was founded by James Reinhart in 2008 and is now the largest online marketplace for buying women’s and kid’s secondhand clothing.
About thredUP Austin
While we love the internet (who doesn’t?) thredUP also likes to meet in person, face-to-face, for real. They were excited to announce the opening of our first-ever storefront in San Marcos, Texas. As you might have guessed, they are not your typical thrift store.
They have been changing up the secondhand industry for a few years now, and felt like now was the right time to bring our one-of-a-kind approach to like-new clothes to the world of in-person thrift and consignment stores. Here’s what makes thredUP Austin unique:
Spaces & Styles Backed by Science
Because tens of thousands of items sell on thredUP.com daily, they can determine what brands are trending in certain areas and cities—and stock their stores accordingly. Plus, store inventories are informed by their most active customers, so the more you shop, the more just-your-style pieces you’ll find.
A Revolving Door of Fresh Finds
Unlike traditional retail where styles are swapped out seasonally, they have the unique ability to tap into their constant influx of fresh inventory and 35,000 brands to create a new store every time you walk in the door.
Amazing Prices on Your Favorite Brands
They offer up to 90% off the largest selection of brands anywhere, including J.Crew, Madewell, Banana Republic, Michael Kors, Club Monaco, and Lululemon. With an average discount of 80% off, in their stores, everything is on sale, all the time.
10910 Domain Dr Ste 112
Austin, Texas 78758
Have you shopped on thredUP before?
What is your favorite thing about thredUP?
What is your favorite thrift shop?
Let’s chat in the comments below!