Y’ALL…WE HAVE OFFICIALLY SURVIVED 2017!
I can’t believe 2018 is here ALREADY here! The past year went by super fast! January is one of my favorite months because it serves as a month to START OVER. We now have 362 days left in 2018 and that is 362 opportunities to make this year YOUR year!
Since relaunching the blog into a business slash brand, I wanted to start a new monthly tradition. I want to share my goals with you all at the start of every month and I want to hear YOUR GOALS too!
My Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I want to share them here?
- Setting goals helps me remain focused.
- Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
- I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself!
Setting goals is essential for thinking about your ideal future, and for motivating yourself to turn your vision of this future into reality. The process of setting goals helps you choose where you want to go in life. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, you know where you have to concentrate your efforts. You’ll also quickly spot the distractions that can, so easily, lead you astray.
I have also decided on my WORD OF THE YEAR!!! Every year, I pick a word that will be my guide for my life. This year, my word is JOY. I really want to focus more on doing things and taking opportunities that make ME happy. This past year was a little tough for me and looking back I realized that I wasn’t happy for most of it. I feel that if I look at every opportunity that is laid before me and ask myself “Will this bring me JOY?” and “Will I look back and be happy I did this?” And then if I stick to bringing JOY into my life everything else will fall into place.
- Reconnect with friends and try to have a social life.
- Attend professional organization meetings and events.
- Start working out consistently again.
- Go back to eating healthy and resisting temptation (mostly chips and dark beer). Lol
- Make more time for family and friends.
- Spend more time with my pup and future pup.
- Focus and get work done in the middle of the day so I can go home at a reasonable time.
- Actually, use my standing desk while at work.
- Be social with my coworkers and attend more of the social events like Board Game Mondays and monthly happy hours.
- PASS THE PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING EXAM.
- Reach 50 Newsletter Subscribers. I am at 26 Subscribers right now. =)
- Send my first monthly newsletter.
- Post at least twice a week.
- Host a successful blogger event.
- Attend blogger events in Austin and Texas. Connect with at least two bloggers this month.
- Participate in weekly Twitter Chats.
- Have at least 2 guest posts a month.
- Hire 5 pro-bono clients for social media consulting.
I wanted to start doing this monthly because I also want to hold myself accountable. When someone knows what your goals are, they hold you accountable by asking you to “give an account” of where you are in the process of achieving that goal. Accountability puts some teeth into the process. If a goal is set and only one person knows it, does it really have any power? Many times, no. A goal isn’t as powerful if you don’t have one or more people who can hold you accountable to it.
So every month after this first post, I will be updating you all on my goals and where I am in achieving them. I will also be getting new goals every month because life is a continuous lesson where you keep learning and growing every single day.
What are some of your goals for the month?
What is your word of the year?
What is your favorite thing about setting goals?
Let’s chat in the comments! =)