HAPPY HUMP DAY!
After a looooong but great weekend, I am back at it again with my Holiday Gift Guide series that focuses on people planning a wedding. And even if you aren’t planning a wedding, there are a lot of great gifts in my guides for all the special people in your life.
I will be following this post with holiday gift guides for groomsmen, mother, and fathers. If this is your first time visiting my blog you can check out my Holiday Gift Guide Tying the Knot Gifts for the Bride by clicking HERE and my Holiday Gift Guide Tying the Knot Gifts for the Groom by clicking HERE.
Today, I want to focus on the bridesmaids! The role of the bridesmaids comes with A LOT of responsibilities but it is an HONOR to be asked to be one. If you are a bride, you probably want to give back something to your bridesmaids this holiday season for all they have done and continue to do for you. Bridesmaids do not always get the credit they deserve during the planning and at the wedding. So, today, let’s look at ways to make the bridesmaids in your life feel a little more special this holiday season.
Keep reading to see what my top picks for the bridesmaids in your life are for this holiday season!
1. Luggage Tag | 2. Kate Spade Agenda | 3. Portable Phone Charger | 4. You Look Good Bath Mat | 5. The Hungoevr Cookbook | 6. Smartphone Lens Kit | 7. Flirty Sweatshirt | 8. Hot Stuff Mug | 9. Tabletop Christmas Tree | 10. Personal Bank Organizer
- This is the perfect gift for your bridesmaids! Whether they are traveling soon or they will be traveling for your bachelorette or destination wedding, a cute luggage tag is a necessity! =)
- Most likely, you have a paper planner or wedding planner to help keep track of all the CRAZINESS that is wedding planning. Shouldn’t your bridesmaids also have a planner? That way they don’t miss a date, fitting, or anything else you have planned with them. This Kate Spade agenda is one of my favorites.
- There will come a time that someone screams, “MY PHONE IS DYING!” Either on a night out or on the day of the wedding. Be a doll and save your bridesmaids from a dying phone and buy them this cute portable charger.
- You will be hearing how beautiful you look at all your wedding events and, especially, at your wedding. Why not make your bridesmaids something to make them feel beautiful every day with this gift that keeps on giving?!?!
- Chances are that someone…will be hungover…once…or maybe more than once. Help your bridesmaids become heroes with this hip hungover cookbook! It already sounds like something I will be needing this coming year!
- Channel your inner Kardashians with this cool little tool! I honestly didn’t know this even existed until I was doing research for this post. it’s a 3-in-1 lens kit for your phone. All of your bridesmaids will be ON POINT with their selfie game!
- It’s gettin’ cold in here! So put on your sweatshirt! Haha No, but really. If you are planning your wedding events or your wedding during the cooler months be sure to think about gifting your bridesmaids with a little something to keep them warm. I like this sweatshirt because it’s super cute and flirty. Aaaaand it’s something they can wear whenever since it doesn’t have a big BRIDESMAID logo on it. =)
- If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love me a cute mug!!! This one is super cute! And it’s another way to remind your bridesmaids that they are HOT STUFF all the time and not just during your wedding.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! If your bridesmaids celebrate Christmas this is the perfect gift to bring a little holiday cheer into their everyday lives! Think about gifting yo’ girls a cute little tabletop Christmas tree so they can put it up at work or at home.
- Saving money is a big deal if you are planning your own wedding or coming out in someone else’s. I love this little Personal Bank Organizer. I have one and I love it! It’s small enough to fit in a purse or carry around without feeling like it’s a lot. Help your bridesmaids keep track of all their expenses so that they have some extra in case of emergencies. =)
What gifts did you receive as a bridesmaid?
Do you have any special bridesmaids in your life?
Did you give your bridesmaids any gifts before the bridal events or the wedding?
Follow along with our wedding planning on social media by searching out hashtags #LosGallos #TheRoosters.
Stay in love,
Happy Tuesday #GirlBosses!
ANOTHER MINUTE CLOSER TO CHRISTMAS!
This weekend was CRAZY, to say the least. On Friday I went to the quaint little town of Poteet, TX to celebrate my sorority sister’s big 3-0! We had a blast!
On the way back, we were on the highway and I felt something wrong. And then I knew…it was the tire. I put on my hazards and took the nearest exit. We drove into a Cracker Barrell parking lot. Sure enough, my tire had blown out. It could have been worse and I am glad I stopped when I did. I found out I have Roadside Assistance through my car insurance (good to know!). And we ended up at the outlet mall in San Marcos, TX.
So there was a silver lining in an impromptu shopping trip with the bestie while we waited for Roadside Assistance to come help us change out the tire. Was back on the road within 2 hours and made it home safely.
Spent the rest of the weekend with my fiance and my pup. We decorated a second tree and put up more Christmasy frames and decorations around the house. So, in the end, it turned out to be a pretty great weekend despite the tire debacle. Continue reading
HAPPY HUMP DAY!
I am SO EXCITED today! It is my privilege and pleasure to share with you all the great news happening this weekend for my favorite make up #badassbosslady girls from Make The Rest Up here in Austin, TX! Make The Rest Up has been my favorite mobile makeup salon ever since I discovered it. They started out operating out of their VANity and grew from there. And it’s because of this that they are FINALLY going to have an actual salon.
“Make The Rest Up is a new makeup salon dedicated towards focusing on makeup applications only for the best experience. We provide a range of options for first time makeup wearers to instagram obsessed and our mission is to make everyone feel beautiful, no matter what! Above all, we believe in the power of strong women and donate a portion of proceeds to women’s literacy charities.” Continue reading
I am still SUPER stuffed from all the eating this past weekend! But, thankfully, I am already back on track to eating clean. Woot woot!
We continue my Holiday Gift Guide series that focuses on people planning a wedding! I will be following this post with holiday gift guides for bridesmaids, groomsmen, mother, and fathers. If this is your first time visiting my blog you can check out my Holiday Gift Guide Tying the Knot Gifts for the Bride by clicking HERE.
Today, I want to focus on the groom and the perfect holiday gifts for the groom in your life! Whether you’re a fiancé to a handsome man, an almost mother or father-in-law, a sister, brother, cousin, aunt or friend, these gifts are just perfect for any groom! We often forget about the groom in the planning process. But, they deserve love this holiday season and throughout planning too. =)
Keep reading to see what my top picks for the favorite groom in your life are for this holiday season!
ANOTHER MINUTE CLOSER TO CHRISTMAS!
Welcome back to real life y’all! I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving holiday and that you all got to spend the time with your loved ones. I had an amazing week, but I am glad to be back home and to be getting ready for Christmas!
Here are just a few snapshots of Thanksgiving that I wanted to share with you all. =)
IT’S THANKSGIVING WEEK!! I am soooooo excited! I leave on Wednesday night to my hometown where I will be spending the holiday with my family, fiance, and pup. This past weekend was amazing and I am so thankful for all the wonderful things in my life!
Here are just a few snapshots of my weekend that I wanted to share with you all. =)
Today, is officially one year until our wedding day! Yay! We finalized the venue and date this morning and I am SO EXCITED! Wedding planning can officially start now that we have a date set.
As many of you know, we got engaged this past June. Planning was put on pause because we were both taking our professional engineering exam in October. But now, the exam is over with and planning can officially begin!
This holiday season, I wanted to focus my gift guides around people planning a wedding. I thought it would be rather appropriate to provide the world with holiday gift guides for brides-to-be, grooms, bridesmaids, groomsmen, mother, and fathers. And before my tios and tias go crazy because they are not being included, remember that many of these gifts can be the perfect gift for anyone else on your gift list regardless if they are getting hitched or not! Continue reading
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week!! I am soooooo excited! We are having out Thanksmas lunch this Friday at work, Friendsgiving this Sunday with my sorority sisters, and then spending Thanksgiving back in my hometown with my family and my fiance’s family will also be joining us.
So, I was pretty sad and let down after the election. I don’t want to talk about any of that on here…yet, but let’s just say it was also my birthday that day and that day I didn’t feel like 27 was going to be a good year. But, everything was made up this past weekend. I had an amazing weekend with some family and friends and spending time with my pup. Continue reading
WAIT ONE MINUUUUUTE!
Let’s not forget the turkey!
For the past 10 years, the official start of the holiday season has been my birthday. Every year on November 8 begins the season known as “Anali’s Holiday Season” which includes my birthday, my dad’s birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, and now my puppy’s birthday.
But, every year it seems like people are always getting ahead of themselves. I remember walking into Hobby Lobby back in August and seeing Christmas decorations already on sale. IN AUGUST.
It is probably one of my biggest pet peeves that people seem to skip over Thanksgiving and head straight into Christmas after Halloween. And I know that the history of Thanksgiving isn’t the greatest and that there is a whole lot of pain behind that history for many people. But, now-a-days, Thanksgiving has turned into a holiday where people feel the NEED to GIVE BACK. Continue reading
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Yay! I made it y’all. I am officially 27. And today…is election day. So, please, if you haven’t yet, go out and VOTE!
November 8, 1989. It was a Wednesday. The US president was George H. W. Bush. Douglas Wilder was elected the 1st African American Governor of Virginia and any state since reconstruction. In that special week of November people in US were listening to When I See You Smile by Bad English. The Little Mermaid, directed by Ron Clements, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989. Also on this day, I was born into the world. Continue reading